Leamington was settled in 1871.
A historic structure, a livestock gallows, is located in the historic town square. This livestock gallows was built and used by Wells A. Nielson in the early 1900s. Besides his own use, he supplied meat to Eureka, Utah and had a store in Lynndyl. This gallows originally stood just west of the barn at his home in East Leamington. Well’s family gave permission to move the gallows to the town square and it was restored in 1999 to look like the original.
Leamington town square interpretive displays.
Delta, Utah 35 miles.
North of Delta on Highway 6 to junction at Lynndyl then west on Highway 23, 5 miles to Leamington.